What is an evaporative cooler and what makes it so useful in the heat
An evaporative air cooler is a device that takes in hot air and returns it cooler through the vaporization of water. Normally they are fans that have a wet filter in the part where they absorb the air so that when it passes through the water the air cools.
How much can we cool a room with evaporative air coolers?
If we are in a dry, well-insulated and small-sized room, between 12 and 15 meters, the temperature can drop by as much as 12º to 14º with an evaporative air cooler according to the experts. In humid areas, it can cool down between 5º and 6º.
How portable evaporative coolers work
The operation of an evaporative air cooler is the simplest thing in the world. You just have to fill the tank with cold water or ice (preferably crushed) and connect the fan. The water will be absorbed by the filter and when the hot air passes through this filter, it will be expelled through the opposite part, cooling the environment.
We present the top 3 evaporative coolers sold this summer
In the following list, you only have to scroll by pressing the arrows to see each model of portable evaporative air cooler that we have selected among the most requested this summer.
NexFan Evo evaporative air coolerFor those looking for a powerful, compact and very manageable device, the NexFan Evo model is one of the best alternatives.
Qinux AirGo evaporative coolerSmall, portable, quiet and powerful. This is the ideal appliance for those who like minimalist and highly efficient options.
What are the advantages of a portable evaporative air cooler versus an air conditioner?
For an average living room, many people have installed air conditioning devices up to now, since the alternative of evaporative air coolers had very low performance, but with the evolution of the new models we can appreciate many reasons to opt for one of these models. , and are next:
- First of all, energy savings, which together with current installation costs make air conditioning a very expensive option.
- Next, the evaporative air conditioner does not need installation and also has much fewer breakdowns, such as gas leaks, obstruction of the ducts, etc..
- In addition to this, portable devices can be used in different rooms without the need to have an installation in each place.
- For dry environments it is ideal, because it also helps to humidify the air in the room.
- Finally, you will be able to have a room with a more adequate degree of humidity, since air conditioners tend to dry out the environment.
Not all are advantages, air conditioning has better things than portable evaporative air cooler
It is evident that if an air conditioner costs much more money, it is because it has some features that evaporative fans cannot provide you, due to their small size and lack of power. In this, a conventional air conditioner stands out much more:
- Mainly the speed and cooling capacity, since with an air conditioner you can cool larger rooms in less time.
- Secondly, it works just as well in humid areas as it does in dry environments, cooling in the same way.
- In addition to this, it does not lose intensity over several hours of operation, an evaporative air cooler cools less when the ice in the tank melts.
- Regarding the quality of the atmosphere, conventional air conditioners renew the air inside constantly.
- Finally, the vast majority of air conditioners have an inverter that allows you to use them in winter to heat rooms.
Feedback on the usefulness of a portable evaporative air cooler
For people who have little budget, or a greater ecological awareness, these devices are an excellent option to be comfortable in hot hours. They are also perfect for sleeping more comfortably on so-called tropical nights, since modern models are silent and effective.
Along with the best portable neck fans are a great way to cool down individually.
Final conclusion of the author of the review of evaporative coolers
If you find the right model (in some portals they sell very low-quality products) it is a very good alternative, firstly to conventional fans, since you don’t need direct air to cool you down, and secondly to air conditioners due to the great amount of money you save and because you can use them anywhere in the house. If you are a hot person, then buy a normal air conditioner.